Wednesday, January 2, 2013

So to 2013 I Say....

New Years Resolutions. Meant to be broken or fallen short from.

However I make them. I just get better making them year to year so they are less broken or fallen short from. So here goes this years list.

1. Walk at least 20 miles. Not all at once. Are you kidding? More like total steps in a year.

Okay Seriously

1, Read at least a book a month.
2. Learn to play my ukulele.
3. Take at least one trip this year.
4. Try this relationship thing.
5. School
6. Maybe, possibly, try this thing called swimming.

Attainable, yes. I find a watch too many movies and should pick up a book. When I worked at Chapters, I bought about 30 books, managing to maybe read 5 of them. Pathetic. I have a lot of books that I have that I want to attack. And my ukulele. I want to prove to myself that my sister, cousins and second cousins aren't the only ones with musical chops. I would love to kill it at the ukulele.

Number three. Well I have this damn time share. I should be using it. So Las Vegas, Kelowna, Hawaii, or mystery place. We shall figure it out while the year progresses. Maybe possibly tie number four into that and take a couples trip. That would be a new experience. I have been single a good chunk of my life. Enjoyed it, but also enjoyed being with someone. There is something to be said about waking up beside someone. So, this year I make the effort.

School is going to be essential. I need to begin to take some courses for work. I also would like to take some course that interest me. Writing courses top the list. Cooking a close second. I also have Rosetta Stone and should brush up on my French.

That last on the list will be the hardest. It involves a few things. One, to get rid of my fear of water. Near drownings as a kid has put the fear of water into me. Can't convince myself to float. Two, finding a class that caters to folks like me. One on one would be preferable but I will not be fussy. And three, finding the time. Yes if it is something you want or desire you should make the time but there is going to be a lot already on my plate.

I forgot one more item

7. Balance

I need to find a better balance between work and home life. I am hoping by working out, finding a girl friend, and going to school will bring a balance back to my life. Most of the time it isn't bad but there were a few times last year where I was so consumed by self-induced stress from work, I couldn't make any other efforts in life. I went home, ate, slept and went to work. This year that will change.

So there you have it. A decent bunch of New Years Resolutions for 2013. Do not be surprised if a few show up on next year's list. I don't see that as failure but running out of time to do it all. Life is too short to worry about spilled wine. Wait. Hell. Spilled milk, let that go. Wine, that is just a waste.

-R

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete